There are many questions people have about the Bible. Here is a list of the 15 most common and interesting questions people have about the book. Enhance your knowledge in the Word and study the answers to strengthen your faith.
These questions will test your knowledge of the word of God and give you a good grounding. They are questions that most people ask and it’s good to memorize them, for when people ask you.
Iron sharpens iron as it so wisely says in the Bible. Put on the full armor of God and be armed with the word of truth.
Top 15 Bible Questions
How many books are there in the Bible?
- In the Old Testament there are 39 books
- In the New testament there are 27 books
- The total books in the Bible is 66
The first 5 books of the Bible are called by three different names | The books of Moses | The Torah | The Pentateuch |
What is the definition of the Bible?
- The Bible is from the Greek and Latin word ‘biblía’ which means definitive guide.
The Bible is sometimes referred to as ‘The Book’ as out of distinction.
When was the New Testament Written?
- From 1 BC The Gospel of Luke writing of the birth of John the Baptist
- To 95 AD and the book of Revelation
When was the Old Testament Written?
- There are two dates that are considered for when the book of Genesis was written and they are either 1445 BC or 1290 BC
The whole of the Old testament was written between 1445 B and 430 BC
When was the Bible compiled?
- The 66 books of the Bible were compiled together around 325 AD – When Constantine The Great called together the Council of Nicaea in the current city of Iznic in Turkey, to choose the books which were thought to be inspired. The committee comprised of 300 religious leaders at the time. These selected books are known as the Canon.
This all happened as Christianity grew massively in the Roman Empire and far beyond over the few centuries from the time of Jesus Christ.
The books that were not included at this time are known as the extra canonical books.
What’s the oldest Bible ever found?
- The oldest books from the Bible were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls which date back to around 300 BC to 150 BC. The oldest New testament book has been found in segments and dates to around 100 AD to 150 AD.
Who were the prophets of the Old Testament?
- The word ‘prophet’ means to speak on behalf of somebody else – so all the writers were speaking on behalf of God through the Holy Spirit.
- The prophets of the Bible are those in the latter part of The Book. Those that prophesised about the future are generally regarded as;
What’s the proof of the Bible?
- The proof of the Bible is shown in a number of ways. The prophets that predicted the future of Jesus over 400 years before hand (look at the prophecies of the Bible).
The thousands of manuscripts that have been found and especially those from the Dead Sea Scrolls.
The historians that were around at the time of Jesus that recorded the events.
What is the meaning of prophecy according to the Bible?
- Prophecy in the Bible is the prediction of the future. There are hundreds of prophecies that have come true and God has demonstrated this beautifully with the Old Testament. The OT has been preserved by the Jews and takes for an open heart to see and understand.
What do Christians believe about the Bible?
- The Bible is the word of God and Christians should believe every word that is written. As Jesus said in Matthew 5.18 “For verily I say unto you, Till. heaven and earth pass, one yod or one. tittle shall in no wise pass from. the law, till all, be fulfilled.” So every little part of the Bible is to be fulfilled.
How do I study the Bible?
- Whenever you read the Bible, you must first of all pray. If you have read the Bible a number of times and now want to do a deeper study you must understand the types and shadows from the Old Testament, then use cross-references from any good Bible to see where the passage relates to.
Who created the God?
- God is eternal – He has no beginning or end. It is a difficult concept for us mere humans to understand. In this world, we see that things have a lifespan. We need to accept our limited understanding for now and hope to know in Heaven.
Is the Bible inspired by God?
- The Bible is more than inspired by God. The Bible was written with human hands by God, through the Holy Spirit. Anyone who has experienced the power of God through the Holy Spirit will know that all things are possible with God. When you have faith and give your life to God, He will work wonders through you and for you.
Who started Christianity?
- God started Christianity through Jesus Christ. This is from the moment that Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead to minister to His disciples. The belief that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead, plus confessing that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior is being a Christian. This happened between 30-33 AD.
How old was Jesus when died?
- Jesus was 33 when he died. He taught in Synagogues when he was 13 years old and started to gather His disciples at 30 years old.
“For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”